Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog 4

Ethics: What ethical issues have you been exposed to, negative or positive? How do they relate to the Code of Ethics and the Principles of Professional Conduct for the Education Profession in Florida?  Did you like the way the teacher handled the situation or you would have responded to it in a different way?  Explain.

During my service learning experience, I really didn't notice alot of negative ethical issues being exposed just more postive. Throughout, my entire time in Ms. Frizzle's class I always noticed her fairness with her students. She never treated anyone different, or excluded anyone out a group activity. Only if a child wasn't on his or her best behavior, would they to deal with the consequences of their actions. Ms. Frizzle believed in treating everyone fairly and equally. One issue I did notice and thought was a little unethical was when Ms. Frizzle's boyfriend or husband came to the class one afternoon for whatever reason, and kissed her in front of the class for a couple of seconds. It wasn't just a quick peck on the cheek, it was on the lips for some seconds. I was shocked I didn't know what to do, and the kids was jus looking. So, when she noticed the children were staring she said "shows over back to work". I don't know if this would be considered unethincal, but I would think so. I also, did not like the way Ms. Frizzle handled the situation. If I was teaching a class full of impressible young kids I wouldn't act in an unprofessional way as such. So, if an incident like that was to happen in my classroom, I would apologize to my students and let them know that my behavior was not right, and I wouldn't do it again.

  Overall Experience:  What schools did you visit and what grades? How do you feel about your experience this semester? How does it relate to what you thought your field experience would be like? What was your most memorable moment during this experience?

During my entire field experience, I have visited 4 schools. The school of Arts and Sciences (kindergarden), Gretchen Everhart (12-15 ages), RAA middle school (8th grade), and Bond Elementary (1st grade). I had a really good experience this year. It was very diverse, and different. I learned alot of new things, and met some awesome teachers. Although, I experience some not so good moments, the good outweighs the bad. Actually, before I began my experience I didnt't know what to expect. I was just happy to be able to sit in a classroom for the first time as an observer and not a student. My moment memorable moment of my entire experience was at Gretchen Everhart. Gretchen Everhart is a school for students with special needs and learning disabilities. So when I walked in I knew what to expect. I observed with a nice teacher and her assistants,so it was a nice observation overall. When It comes time for me to leave a little boy who's like twelve wants to kiss my hand goodbye. So I walk towards him with my hand sticking out, and he licks my entire hand!!! All I could do was stare in shock and laugh!  But on the inside I was appalled because i'm a major germ freak. So after I can back into reality, I waved my goodbyes and immediately went into the first bathroom I could find! I will never forget that moment ever.

 To Teach or Not to Teach:  What are your thoughts now about the teaching profession? Have you decided whether you are going into the teaching profession or not?  What has led you to this decision (Give specific examples)?

My thoughts about the teaching profession are the same. I've always wanted to teach and I still do. Teaching is hard work and alot of patience; both traits that I have within me. My entire service learning experience has just reaffirmed my belief that teaching is for me. My aunt is a teacher, as well as my god-sister. Teaching is in my blood, nothing is going to change that.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment